Wednesday, 24 August 2016

Old Keys Won't Open New Doors

Each time the need to replace any key arises, notice that it's not entirely dependant on the key itself and neither is it dependant on its size nor it's type...but the key hole too must be replaced.

However, the replacement of the key hole attimes, may also not be entirely dependant on itself. It attimes may call for the replacement of something much bigger than the hole itself. A case in point can be the replacement of a key to a door room. It's replacement is never determined by the size or type of key hole but it's dependant on the entire door knob.

The same applies to me and you. Many are the times we've chosen to open new doors (that is to say, to move on from old habits) but more are the times we fail because we use old keys to open these doors.

We make decisions daily to move on to new things, but, how many things (old keys) are we not willing to let go of in order to achieve these? Is it the words we speak about ourselves, our destinies...daily??? or is it those friends that you think you can't do without??? Is it laziness??? What is it???
   
Overtime, I've learnt to genuinely appreciate my past which includes, the friends I once held so dear, the laziness I chose to get attached to, the words I thought I couldn't do without...I don't hate but I appreciate that life, because it's the life that has formed me. But today, I have confidently moved on from these because I have learnt that old keys don't open new doors. Therefore, if you and I are going to grow and maintain my spirituality, we've got to take a new turn and move past these old keys because New doors await us.

No comments:

Post a Comment